My own little hunk of Cyberspace

Friday, February 29, 2008

It's Not Just TV ...It's HBO. And if it's not HBO... It's Dexter on Showtime!


I believe I have stumbled across the most innovative, extravagant, and strangest show on television. And, I'm absolutely addicted to it.

The show is Dexter, and I'm sure for many of you - this is old news. I don't have Showtime, so I downloaded the first episode after finding out it was being rebroadcast on CBS. Charmaine and I watched it, and had an "oh my god" reaction. Before I knew it, the first season was downloaded and watched in the same weekend.

Since then, we've attempted to pace ourselves with season 2. We watch two episodes a night.

The show, about a blood spatter expert for the Miami PD who doubles as a vigilante serial killer, shares some of the same qualities as the Sopranos. You find yourself caring about a character that is way beyond the realm of a normal person's value system and sensibilities. It stars Michael C. Hall of "Six Feet Under" fame, and the supporting cast is outstanding. Each episode leaves you on the edge of your seat - wanting more. Even when you may not really want to know what happens next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home