My own little hunk of Cyberspace

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Too busy to post.....

I have just been way to busy to post anything lately - so here is a catch up post.

The HOO's finished the season a ho-hum 6-5, and take on a tough Minnesota team on Friday. This should be a real challenge for UVA, going up against the 2nd best rushing team without Ahmad Brooks (Injury), Tony Franklin (weed suspension), and Nate Lyles (Injury). Throw in the fact that virtually all of Groh's assistants took coaching positions, and things aren't looking too bright in C'Ville..... Which is why a win in Nashville would be HUGE.

The Dave Leito era has started in C'Ville, and as expected- this is a tough year with only a few scholarship players and more walk-ons being added even as late as a few weeks ago. I just got home from watching them squeak by UMBC at a game played at the Siegel Center in Richmond (part of my Christmas present). I saw them earlier when the played the University of Richmond last month. It's good to see some wins, but we will get absolutely crushed in ACC play. The good news - we are playing and winning with defense, something never-before seen in the Gillen era. That and Leito is doing well recruiting. We will have the best arena in the ACC next year - and hopefully by year three of the Leito era, we'll have a team to match it.

The job has been crazy lately, as I have been in serious training and it has involved some significant travel. A couple of trips to N.C., one to St. Louis & Philadelphia, and then two weeks of intensive training in Richmond right before the Christmas break. It picks back up in January, with trips to Charlotte, N.C. and Irvine, CA. February brings rumors of possible trips to Bologna, Italy and another trip to Irvine. This summer, there will be a trip to Las Vegas, and we are planning a vacation trip to Ireland.

Christmas was great and now I am on dietary repentance. Adam and his new girlfriend, Becky, came home for a while, and it was great to see them. She seems like a really great girl, and all of the grandparents label her "a keeper".

I got a great surprise for Christmas from my honey - a GPS system for the car (Garmin Street Pilot c320). I am amazed at the accuracy of these systems, as well as the huge amount of data at my fingertips. It's so awesome to be on the road, and be able to look at the gas stations, restaurants, etc. available at the next exit. I put a 1 gig SD card in it - so I have from about Colorado --> east loaded. I am sure that Adam played a big part in this surprise.

Well -that's a quick catch-up post - I'll try to do better in 2006!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home